I recently read a book called “12 Rules for Life An Antidote to Chaos” and this is a great book to read. I would say it is only one time read. You can do what ever you want to in your life, but if you don’t have any set of rules then you will find yourself in trouble. Well I would say these rules are not perfect, if you are going to follow them they can improve your life in a very significant way.
12 Rules for life in a Nutshell
Yes, these are the 12 rules of life with a little explanation :
12 Rules for Life An Antidote to Chaos
- Stand up straight with your shoulders back.
The position in which someone holds their body when standing or sitting.
- Treat yourself like someone you are responsible for helping.
You never help anyone without helping yourself. You never pick up anyone without making yourself stronger.
- Make friends with people who want the best for you.
Everyone is alone in this world and people hate each other. Finding someone who helps you grow is the best thing you can do.
- Compare yourself to who you were yesterday, not to who someone else today.
Always make yourself perform better than yesterday, look back on yourself and improve yourself.
- Do not let your children do anything that makes you dislike them.
Always scold children when they do bad things and always appreciate them when they do good things.
- Set your house in perfect order before you criticize the World.
Fix yourself first, whatever you want to do, know that nobody is going to do it for you.
- Pursue what is meaning full not what is expedient.
If you want do something, you have to always start it somewhere and something is better than nothing.
- Tell the truth or at least don’t lie.
If you tell small lies, it doesn’t mean you can tell big lies. Tell the truth from start and get a easy life.
- As soon the person you are listening to might know something you don’t.
Always listen with open ears, you might learn something new about the person you are talking to.
- Be precise in your speech.
When you talk to someone make sure they understand, what you are trying to tell them.
- Do not bother children when they are skateboarding.
Children will always do something that can break their bones. We are born to take risks, when you stop a child, scold them, but also explain them with examples.
- Pet a cat if you encounter one on the street.
You have to look for every little opportunity you get and make it worth your while.
These are the steps in a nutshell. I hope you learned something new today, come tomorrow for more awesome articles.