The World is Here Where are you!What a slogan!
Sharda University is a leading Educational institution based out of Greater Noida, Delhi NCR. A venture of the renowned Sharda Group of Institutions (SGI), The University has established itself as a high quality education provider with prime focus on holistic learning and imbibing competitive abilities in students.
The University is approved by UGC and prides itself in being the only multi-discipline campus in the NCR, spread over 63 acres and equipped with world class facilities.
Sharda University promises to become one of the India’s leading universities with an acknowledged reputation for excellence in research and teaching. With its outstanding faculty, world class teaching standards, and innovative academic programmes, Sharda intends to set a new benchmark in the Indian education system.
The name of University, ‘Sharda’ is synonymous to ‘Goddess of knowledge and learning – Saraswati’. She is identified with ‘veena’ an Indian musical instrument and the ‘lotus’ where she resides. The lotus in our logo symbolizes the seat of learning that the University is created for. Variety of colours signify the variety of disciplines the university offers and the overlap between petals creating new colours demonstrate the ethos of collaboration between students and teachers of different programme, nationality, creed and colour working towards creating new knowledge.
The petals leading towards a star is an embodiment of the University’s cherished mission to provide education beyond boundaries and to facilitate the students and faculty to achieve pinnacles of success throughout the world!
Mission & Vision
To serve the society by being a global University of higher learning in pursuit of academic excellence, innovation and nurturing entrepreneurship.
Developing deep disciplinary knowledge, problem solving ability, leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
Strengthening the flexible credit-based system for interdisciplinary learning to enrich academic experience.
Ensuring student participation in career enhancement activities through exchange programs, student enterprise, volunteering and work-based learning.
Focusing on strong mentor-mentee relationships which enhance overall personality of the students and equip them to face future challenges.
Transformative educational experience
- Developing deep disciplinary knowledge, problem solving ability, leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strengthening the flexible credit-based system for interdisciplinary learning to enrich academic experience.
- Ensuring student participation in career enhancement activities through exchange programs, student enterprise, volunteering and work-based learning.
- Focusing on strong mentor-mentee relationships which enhance overall personality of the students and equip them to face future challenges.
- Encouraging students to become lifelong learners and imbibe essential skills to serve the society at the highest level.
Enrichment by educational initiatives that encourage global outlook
- To create an environment where students and employees of diverse backgrounds live, study, learn, and socialize together.
- To encourage pursuit of knowledge and support the development of curricula from global perspective.
- To invest in faculty development to upskill them in designing and developing curricula, pursuing research, and offering experiential learning.
- To strengthen the student-welfare activities, academic counselling and administrative support services that contribute to holistic development of today’s students as future responsible citizens.
Develop research, support disruptive innovations and accelerate entrepreneurship
- Create high-quality and flexible collaborative research space and culture that enable and promote knowledge creation.
- Encourage involvement of students in research.
- Seek funds and grants from research, consultancy and other sources for balanced and sustainable growth of the University.
- Strengthen entrepreneurial and innovation culture among students and employees.
- Create mechanisms to stimulate meaningful bottom-up and top-down collaborations among faculty, staff and students with diverse disciplinary backgrounds.
- Explore opportunities to apply knowledge to promote private and public partnership.
- Enable students to explore and acquire leadership qualities.
Seeking beyond boundaries
- Promoting our global communities as active ambassadors of higher education.
- Leveraging the alumni network to assist development of innovative curricula and research initiatives that will better prepare our students to become global citizens.
- Establishing and maintaining close cooperation among academia and private and public sector industries by contributing through academic findings and developments.
- To empower each student to discover their individual potential by providing opportunities for collaborative-learning beyond the classroom, in the broader community – across the diverse spectrum of disciplines.
Approval by UGC
University Grants Commission after detailed inspection of our Physical and Academic Infrastructure has provided us registration under Section 2(f) of UGC Act 1956.
University Grants Commission has empowered us to award the degrees under Section 22 of UGC Act 1956.
Sharda University is a full-fledged University and not a deemed University.
Approval by State Government
Sharda University is a privately funded State University established through an act of State Legislature of Uttar Pradesh (14 of 2009)
Government of Uttar Pradesh has issued us a no objection certificate to run the University.
Sharda University has thirteen schools pertaining to various courses including undergraduate, postgraduate, doctorate levels and others.
School of Engineering & Technology (SET)
SET at Sharda University offers B.Tech, BCA, B.Sc, M.Tech, MCA, and PhD programs in various disciplines including Computer Science, Electrical & Electronics, Electronics & Communication, Aerospace, etc. For admission in B.Tech, JEE and UPSEE scores of the applicants are considered. Moreover, the university conducts an online test named SUAT followed by personal interviews for the candidates who don’t appear in JEE or UPSEE.
School of Business Studies (SBS)
SBS at Sharda University offers different programmes including BBA, B.Com (Hons), BA Economics, MBA, PhD and integrated programs in several disciplines. MAT/XAT scores are validated for the admission of MBA applicants. University also conducts an online test named SUAT for the candidates who don’t appear in MAT/XAT.
School of Architecture & Planning (SAP)
SAP at Sharda is constituted to provide the programmes like B.Arch, M.Arch and PhD in Architecture. A NATA qualified candidate with 50% marks in 10+2 (with Mathematics) is eligible for B.Arch.
School of Art, Design and Media Studies (SADMS)
SADMS at Sharda University is established to offer the creative course like B.A (Journalism & Mass Communication), Bachelor of Design, M.A (Journalism & Mass Communication), PhD in Mass Communication (Full Time/Part Time), and many more.
School of Law (SOL)
Sharda University also includes SOL to impart the course like LLB and LLM. The university also offers integrated programs including BA LLB and B.COM LLB. Sr. Secondary (10+2) with 50% marks is the eligibility criteria for LLB.
School of Languages & Culture (SOLC)
University runs the programmes like BA English, MA English, and PhD English under the flagship of SOLC. The certificate and advance certificate courses in foreign languages are also offered in SOLC.
School of Dental Sciences (SDS)
School of Dental Sciences offers BDS and MDS programs in 9 different departments of dentistry. The admission guidelines formed by DCI (Dental Council of India) are followed here.
School of Nursing Sciences & Research (SNSR)
SNSR offers the courses like General Nursing & Midwifery (GNM), B.Sc (Nursing), M.Sc (Nursing). The admissions are subject to eligibility criteria (as per the guidelines issued by Indian Nursing Council) and seat availability.
School of Allied Health Sciences (SAHS)
SAHS runs different programmes related to allied health science, such as Bsc Medical laboratory Technology (BMLT), Bachelor in Physiotherapy (BPT), Bachelor of Optometry, DOTT, DMLT, M.Sc – Clinical Research and other UG & PG programmes in different disciplines.
School of Medical Sciences & Research (SMSR)
Sharda University also maintains a separate school for offering the medical science and research programmes encompassing M.B.B.S., MS, MD, and M.Sc in different streams. Admission in MBBS, MS and MD are subject to MCI guidelines.
School of Basic Sciences & Research (SBSR)
The undergraduate and postgraduate programs in science are run under SBSR. Courses like B.Sc and M.sc are offered in different streams. Moreover, the university offers PhD programmes for science researchers.
School of Education (SOE)
School of Education at Sharda University conducts B.Ed and integrated programmes like BA B.Ed and B.Sc B.Ed. Graduation with minimum 50% marks is the minimum eligibility criteria for B.Ed whereas a student with minimum 50% marks at senior secondary level can take admission in integrated programme.
School of Pharmacy (SOP)
SOP at Sharda University is recognised by Pharmacy Council of India (PCI) for curriculum it has designed for different programmes including B. Pharm, D. Pharm, and PhD in Pharmacy. Eligibility criteria for the courses other than PhD are Sr. Secondary (10+2) in PCM/PCB with 50% marks.
Sharda University Campus
Plot No. 32-34, Knowledge Park III, Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh 201310+91-120-4060210